5.05.2008

mornings

Anna is at an in-between stage where some mornings she wakes up (or... is woken up, ahem...) really early and will take a morning nap and an afternoon nap, and some mornings she will sleep later and just take an afternoon nap. Mornings where she does nap I try to focus on spending quiet time with Jack. I tape a big piece of his art paper to the table and let him choose what materials to use and what to create.

One morning he chose markers and stickers, the next were fingerpaints. Or body paints, as all paint evolves into around here.


Another morning we decided it was a good day to bake. Jack and I tried our hand at elephant ears.

After we ate too many elephant ears (they are addictive!) we read "The Saggy Baggy Elephant," "Elmer," and "Uncle Elephant."

A great way to start the day.


ps: I can't remember who pointed me in the direction of this site, but I love it: Lookybook

No comments: