1.20.2008

One, Take Two

We had Anna's birthday party today, on a freezing cold day, an awful lot like the day I had Anna. I remember walking out to the freezing cold car, holding on to John so I wouldn't slip on the ice that covered the driveway after an overnight ice/rain storm. I had to stop half way to the car for a contraction and I remember thinking: no one should have a baby in Maine--in January. It was freezing!

So. Back to the party. Anna was all dolled up in her pretty little dress, a little piece of Grammy and Grandpa, so they were able to be here in spirit at least. When Anna got up from her nap, I brought her downstairs to get dressed and she was so taken with the tissue paper flowers, the balloons and the ribbons hanging. She just kept looking around smiling. When I finally got her dressed and put her little red shoes on from a friend, she was SO proud of herself. She loved her little red mary jane shoes and was stamping her feet all over the place, chasing balloons and just going from person to person smiling.
She didn't quite know what to do with her cake or the candle, but we took care of that. She had no problem figuring out how to stuff it in her mouth! You might notice she did not have the traditional frosting smothered, sugar-filled cake. Anna loves blueberries. She eats them frozen, fresh, in yogurt, pancakes, muffins, by the handful, any way she can get them. So I made her a blueberry cake and it was delicious!


Can't believe this little girl is 1.

No comments: