10.10.2007
bath time
Despite the work it takes to get two squirmy, loud, overtired kids clean at the end of a long day... I love bath time. Anna just loves being in the tub SO much, and Jack could play in there all night long. Some of their antics are so funny. Last night Anna, out of the blue, just started hugging Jack! It was so funny because usually it's Jack "hugging" Anna (more like squeezes the life out of her...) and last night it was Anna attacking him. Finally! The younger sibling fights back!

The bruise: We almost had a 911 call on our hands last Friday. We had just come back from a play date with Jack's new friend Nicholas. I had already put Anna down for her long overdue nap and Jack and I had just finished reading his stories. We were goofing around a bit and finally I settled him down and told him to lay down and I would cover him up with his quilt. I fluffed his pillows and he lunged forward so that he would land with his head hitting his pillows, but he overshot it a teeny tiny bit, landing his skull square on the edge of one of the boards that makes up his head board. The sound I heard is the sound no one ever wants to hear. I thought he cracked his skull wide open. He was screaming, I was practically screaming. I managed to hold it together enough to call his pediatrician. She talked me down off the ledge and Jack calmed down. I had a bag of frozen corn on the bruise and a piece of corn must have fallen out of a hole in the bag. Jack picked it up and said, "What's this?" I said, "It's corn!" and he popped it in his mouth. We sat on the couch an he asked me if he could have more of the frozen corn. He said, "I like corn you know... " I happily got him a bowl of frozen corn, and he happily ate the whole thing!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment