9.16.2007

The Pirate Party



Despite a rainy Saturday (with sun and beautifully cool temperatures forecasted for the next 6 days....) we had a Pirate Party for Jack's third birthday. He had been asking all day, "Is it party time yet?" and it was pure torture for him to see all of the preparations and he couldn't touch anything or taste anything (well.... he did manage a little taste of the cake frosting...). John was hard at work on the refrigerator box pirate ship and Jack brought his tools down to the basement to "help" move things along. Since it was so rainy outside we didn't get great indoor photos. But here are a few that did come out okay.

I made mini tote bags with all sorts of pirate booty in them for the kids to take home. Yes, that is Captain Hook peeking out!


As usual, I'm not sure who had more fun, Jack or John.


Anna actually loved the pirate ship too! But she loves everything.
Except raspberries. (major sour face!)

Time for cake! (Looks like somebody needs a shave!)


Jack announced, "There's the X!"
I can't believe Jack is three. I guess I'll say that every year. Nothing marks time going by like having children!

No comments: