7.09.2007
Good Dad
We came home last night from a trip to John's work and from hanging around Portland and it was pouring rain. As we ran from the car to the house Jack started laughing and splashing in the puddles. He loves puddles. This is one area I try to sit back and just let him be. We have two big puddles in front of our common mailbox station and I always try to remember to let Jack check the mail after it has rained, or the snow has melted, etc. Is there anything more fun as a kid than jumping in puddles?! So we all ran in and John yelled, "Come on in Jack!" Jack started walking towards the house and said, "Ohhhhhhkaaayyyyy," and I said, "He wants to splash in the puddles...." (Meaning: I'm soaked and have to get Anna ready for her bath and start dinner, and he would really like to splash... wouldn't it be nice if someone went out there with him...?) and without missing a beat John said, "Okay, Jack, let's get out there!" And he stood out in the pouring rain and let him splash for a while. What a good Dad!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment