5.01.2010

Eight the Great

Here he is.... number 8 in your programs, number 1 in your heart.......


Jack's T-Ball debut!



Jack is a "Muckdog," and I personally think this is completely ridiculous, but nonetheless it is why he is a "Muckdog." We played the "Mudcats" this morning, at the bright and crack-of-dawn hour of 8:00 a.m. Then we took a quick refueling break at home for about an hour and a half and then raced downtown to meet up with his team for the Little League opening ceremony.

After much waiting around and the general craziness you might expect from trying to corral a bunch of tired, hot, hungry 5 and 6 year olds the Little League president opened the season with some awards, the pledge and a Play Ball!

Then there was a lot more waiting around (another hour) for the parade to start. John was going to march with Jack while I piggybacked Anna to Main Street to watch the parade. Somewhere along the way Anna fell asleep and I rocked her in my arms for 45 minutes while sitting in the shade waiting for the kids to march by. When they finally came by I woke Anna up because I was trying to balance her in my arms, videotape Jack and get to the side of the road so I could wave to Jack and John.

The parade was a big hit with Jack interpreting "march in the parade" quite literally and lots of waving to fans and smiling happening. Today decided to be 80+ degrees (after several 30-40 degree blustery days earlier in the week) so everyone was caught off guard, without sunscreen and wearing too many clothes.

Around 6:30 tonight Jack got up from the dinner table came over to me to hug me and asked, "Mom can I go to bed without dessert tonight? NOW?" We went right up to bed and he is fast asleep, completely worn out, but the last thing he asked before I left his bedroom tonight was, "Mom do I have another game tomorrow?"

That's my boy!

If we're lucky, I'll have some video to post later.... stay tuned!!

No comments: