Finally! Strawberries are ready to be picked. Jack had so much fun. He thought it was insanely hilarious that each time I said, "Oh, here's a good one, put it in our basket," he would instead shove it into his mouth. Then the laughing would start, then the dribbling, then the strawberry stains... Here's how to go strawberry picking according to Jack:
Select a strawberry...
Gently touch strawberry to your mouth...
Savor the strawberry by taking teeny tiny bites...
Shove the remaining strawberry in mouth...
Wipe away all the juices...
Run away from Mom as fast as you can, laughing the whole way!
When we went to pay for our strawberries I told the clerk to add on another quart for all the berries in Jack's belly! (Well... not really, because then they would have to charge me for all the strawberries in my belly.. hey, picking berries is hard work. You do get hungry!)
In case you are all wondering, and come on, I know you are... Jack did have to pee during our trip and I freaked out for a minute, but then brought him to the edge of the woods and he went the way nature intended. (Thank god I brought wet wipes!)
Even though she is too little for strawberries yet, Anna was covered in the juices by the time we left.
Can't wait till next year! (Here's last year's strawberry picking adventure...)
No comments:
Post a Comment