5.14.2006

Cabin Fever

It's hit. Hard. It's very painful to have to stay in the house all day with a toddler. Or be confined to a car, or shopping cart, or anywhere confined, really. Saturday morning I packed Jack up and we went to the Children's Museum in Portsmouth. Unfortunately I left the camera in the car. I know. I KNOW. After driving around their 20 parking spots for 10 minutes with Jack yelling, "UppppppPPPPPPPpppp!!!!" from the backseat, we finally parked about two blocks away. No big deal, right? In the pouring rain. So I tried my best to fit everything we needed in his diaper bag and run the two blocks carrying my 26 lbs. of delight. It wasn't as easy as I thought it was. And I was so concerned about getting from the car to the museum and not being soaked that I just forgot the camera.

Anyway, Jack had a fun time. They had a giant train table with holes in the middle so the kids could crawl underneath and pop up in the middle of the table. Once Jack understood how to get in the middle of the table I couldn't get him out. He also spent a considerable amount of time in the little kitchen. He stirred and whisked and presented me with pretend cantaloupe and apple slices. He didn't want to leave, but it was past his naptime and I knew we were in for a long ride home in the pouring rain. These are the only photos I got of our day at the museum. You'll have to imagine the rest!

No comments: